: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Bits & Pieces

This seemed like an appropriate time to look back at all the posts from the old blog. Last year there were a lot of ups & downs, basically from November to February everything was on the up & up peaking with Korea which was wonderful. The first few months in Japan were not fun, partly due to the cold but more to adjusting to the new culture and making new friends. In June things really picked up and I have been enjoying myself ever since.

Also looking at the content, there is too much general ranting, due to a few reasons. Firstly I have never kept a public diary before and it was my first time travelling so everything was exciting for me, also the web address was given to family, friends and new acquaintences; so controversial content was witheld. But I want the new blog to be a more accurate record of my experiences for my own benefit; so these more interesting details will not be omitted anymore. So: less ranting, more detail.

Such things like the insane lady I was living next to. She was from Cameroon and extremely religious. She told me she was having a 'spiritual crisis' and that there were devils in her room. So I would often wake up to her cursing the devils or yelling to Jesus. Needless to say my sleep was badly affected. We had several conflicts, mostly over the fact that she would play Christian music all day & night to keep the devils out. She said if she turned it down then they would come, I asked her how a Panasonic stereo has any effect on devils.

And other more juicy details like in May & June I was semi-dating a number of girls at the same time, so I couldn't write about it, just in case. Some weekends I had 3-4 dates to juggle. But that all stopped since me & Eri got together, so my love life is more predictable and more enjoyable. Juggling girls is not my style, too stressful and no feeling.

There are also a few stories from Thailand and Vietnam... but they will remain classified.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,
make sure the original blog doesn't disappear into the blogosphere. Does blogspot undetake to keep such things? or how long? Are you going to keep a back up somewhere?

5:39 AM  
Blogger Dave Tran said...

mum, you don't have to use a fancy pseudonym.

don't worry, noone is deleting anything.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home