: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Makin Plans

Had a fairly quiet weekend up until Sunday. Me & Eri met up with Gen & his friend Mari in Shimo-kitazawa (the more bohemian trendy youth area) to have and wander and some tea. Mari is very tiny and very cute. I was quite shocked when Eri called her a "hobbit" just after they met. I had to explain that this is a derogatory term, she thought it was a compliment because hobbits are cute. Usually someone would be offended but Eri is so sweet that it was funny.

Then we went to Jingu-mae stadium together to catch the Swallows play the Giants in a friendly off-season baseball match which was ok. Then it was time for Gen's farewell party, after a quick dinner we went to all-you-can-drink karaoke for 2100 yen ($25). I drank way too many Ume (Sweet Sake) on the rocks and sang a few songs but the microphone was mostly monopolised by the Japanese staff & r'n'b Sam. In between songs I practiced my beatbox, which sounded good with the delay effects. I had a good time but the train ride home at 5am is never fun.

On Monday night Eri took me to her friends restaurant in Akasaka. God damn the food was amazing, the best tempura I've ever had. The place had a moat around the dining area filled with fish to catch for dinner. I snared a huge one which flapped itself out of our basket and onto the table where it made a huge mess. Soy sauce went everywhere, I was embarassed but the staff were very courteous.

Not much going on now but after Eri gets back from L.A. we are going to take a trip to Fuji Q highlands & Mount Fuji over a three day weekend and I just booked my flight to Singapore to see my family for Christmas. Nice.

3 Comments:

Blogger mum said...

Can't wait. Singapore at Christmas will be just terrific. Miss the big boy.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dave..what dates u got booked for sing?

Jini
xo

7:11 AM  
Blogger Dave Tran said...

i'll be there from the 27th of December till the 5th of January.

ten days.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home