: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

More of the same

Another solid weekend has passed. On Friday Eri's older sister had an 'otsukare' (end of year) party in Shibuya. Was hilarious seeing Japanese dudes getting loose. When they are drunk they stop being shy and love speaking broken english. I even got a chant of my name going just from walking in the door. The funniest were these two guys who tucked there things behind their legs and put on funny voices because women paid less for the party. They said it was an old Japanese joke, but everyone else said it wasn't.

Saturday me & James went out for dinner with Kumiko and her friend. We went to an all-you-can-eat (tabehodai) yaki-niku bbq place for dinner. 2 hours of eating for 2000 yen ($20) was pretty sweet. James taught us all the term 'food peaking' and I explained to the girls that maybe 5 people would understand what it meant, if that. Wandering around Kabukicho in Shinjuku is always interesting too.

Sunday it was time for a bit of culture, so we visited the infamous Yasukuni Shrine, which is very controversial in Asia because it enshrines a large number of war criminals. The museum used some interesting wording, but nothing too extreme. I really don't know enough about the war to pass judgement. Then me & Eri took James to our favourite eating place in Tokyo, the Korean town Shin-Okubo for some Nabe & Chijimi. It's the new Yum-Cha for me.

On Tuesday night after work I went out with some coworkers to a 2 hour all-you-can-drink (nomihodai) place for 1200yen ($12). Needless to say we got loose and had a lot of laughs. One of my new coworkers shared many details of his sexual escapades in Japan which were very enlightening. But the funniest thing was a Japanese guy who is frineds with my Southern buddy James, who is reffered to as 'The General' cause he orders people to drink. This dude gets loose and yells shit at everyone in broken english. "I'm customer! You want the money? You bring me the beer b**ch!!". Classic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home