: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Monday, December 25, 2006

Ninja Christmas

On the weekend me & Eri took Risha from Sydney to Asakusa to do some sightseeing and souvenir shopping. Managed to buy all my christmas presents in one hit. Probably the best presents I've bought yet, a jinbei for dad, a yukata for Catherine and a tea set for mum, amongst other things. Afterwards we headed to Harajuku for some more shopping, stopping by the Bape & Ice Cream's store, before meeting James and heading up the government building for a night view and getting loose on nomihodai at an izakaya. Then we parted with James & Risha because he left his bag behind and missed the last train.

On Sunday we headed out to Yokohama to see a Japanese Idols exhibition at the Yokohama museum of art. The exhibition was supposed to explore peoples obsession with fame and image, but a lot of the exibits had nothing to do with the theme. It was still a pretty decent outing. Then we walked to Chinatown where we found an all-you-can-eat yum cha restaurant for 2600 yen. Now, if you know me you know I LOVE YUM CHA more than most things in life. This being the first yum cha I've had in a year, I was suitably excited and devoured an unhealthily sized meal. Nice. While not quite up to Sydney standards, the food was still very good and it felt like meeting an old friend in my belly.

Monday, being christmas it was time for something a little special, so I met James and Risha for dinner at the ninja restaurant in Akasuka. The place was pimped out and the waiters were suited up in all the ninja gear, there were trap doors, secret passage ways and even a ninja magic show which was fun. But I was suprised by the prices, turns out the ninja restaurant actually serves gourmet food which means high prices and small servings. Granted the food was excellent, but it hurt the wallet and left me a little hungry. Usually theme restaurants are kind of cheap and tacky, but this was a serious restaurant... with waiters dressed as ninjas. Either way it was worth it being a special occasion and all. Also I'm pretty sure this is the only ninja christmas I will ever have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home