: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sumo you know?

Finished my first week back and picked up an extra shift on Sunday, so only had time to go out on Saturday for the sumo at Ryogoku with James, Ish and his significant other.

We bought the cheap unreserved seats and just sat in the empty good seats, which meant that we would have to do the "walk of shame" everytime the rightful owners arrived. We sat in four different places and I left my precious camera at one of them (due to the drinking), so I only got to really watch about an hour of sumo and then spent an hour and a half running around trying to find it. After the last match and the people cleared out my camera was returned to lost prFrom what I saw it was pretty cool, very ceremonial and dramatic, but also a tad slow. I look at sumo as the Japanese version of cricket, because it takes all day, is kind of boring but is fun to go to and drink with your mates.

After the sumo finished and the people cleared out my camera was returned to lost property to great relief. Only in Japan that would happen, my first thought when I lost it was "I hope a gaijin didn't find it".

I've started back at the junior high school for the home stretch, 5 weeks to go and then I hit Sydneys sunny shores for a holiday and then it's back to Nippon in March for my 24th birthday and to try and forge a new career path. Gambarimus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home