: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Headman/Ashes & Snow
















On Saturday night Eri took me, Kumiko & James along to Unit again to see Headman (at my request). She is a real winner; free gigs, good cook and generous in bed. The music was great and I had a good time, except Eri had to talk business for most of the night.

Yesterday we went to Roppongi Hills to see a preview of the the excellent 'Ash & Snow' nomadic museum exhibition which is coming to Tokyo soon. The photos are incredible but they are printed in a strange way that makes them look like drawings which detracts from their genuiness cause they look fake. The short films were great; narrated by 'coolest voice ever' Lawrence Fishburne and also in Japanese by Ken Watanabe.

Then we met up with American James to go to a gaijin nampa party full of NOVA teachers and Japanese girls who want to speak english. It was pretty funny, with MC's who dropped NOVA references in their raps and loose business guys trying to get with all the girls. I had a good time but going home for dinner and a movie was better, the party reminded me why I don't like being single that much.

On Saturday I take off for Sydney but I don't arrive till Sunday night. If anyone wants to pick me up from the airport or lend me a phone while I'm there that would be very sweet and I would be indebted indeed. Also if anyone has a new phone number please email it to me so I can holla at you. See you soon... get ready.

2 Comments:

Blogger ricky_pops said...

watch out for those people with MAD dis abilities back home...
enjoy the trip. when do you think you'll make it back here?

9:30 PM  
Blogger Dave Tran said...

I'll be back in Tokyo on the 3rd of March.

I'll get out of the bedroom on the 5th.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home