: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Its been a great week back in Oz. Kept it pretty low key; just been catching up with friends, hanging out like old times, going to the beach, eating yum cha and plenty of Ogalo... fantastic. In a week I managed to catch up with most of my friends (the key ones anyway) go to the beach three times, have yum cha twice, go out to the Cross, get hammered at the Modular CD release party in Mona Vale and have a nice dinner and drinks at the always awesome Cafe Lounge. Pretty good I think.

Thanks to everyone who has graciously had me on their couch or driven me around town. One more week to go (no weekend) before I head back. I look forward to more of the same and ticking off a few more people on the list and a few more things I want to do like see a live band, go to Taronga zoo, catch a movie at the Palace and go to Freshwater beach. It's been great to be back and get a feel for the life I've forsaken... and while it's been great I'm sure I made the right decision to relocate to Japan.

Sydney is a great place, but it's difficult to break out of old habits, do new things and make new friends as it's society is structured in terms of social circles which determine your lifestyle. The saying 'some things never change' is definitely true when it comes to people, I think people never change they just get older. So now I am more firmly committed to traveling to new places and doing new things in an attempt to broaden my horizons and see the world (and life) from different perspectives. Europe and South America are next later on this year and I'm glad to say that I will definitely be seeing many of my pals overseas and I look forward to the exciting experiences to come after I soak up the feeling of being home for a bit and head back to Tokyo to see my lovely girlfriend who I am excited to say will be living with me for the remainder of my time there. Cho tanoshimi!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Harsh but fair comments Dave

Its been great having you back to shoot the shit with and expose what a bad neighbor I am.

You heard about this movie? http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/paprika/trailer/

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home