: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Monday, March 12, 2007

It's My Party

After getting reaquainted with Japan, work and my woman my 24th birthday rolled around (on the 9th of March) so it was time for celebrations. This year I was fortunate to have my astro-twin (same birthday) James here to celebrate with. After minimal organisation we gathered a small group of party people for all you can eat & drink yaki-niku, followed by more drinking at karaoke in Shibuya. It's nice to have Japanese friends because they are very hospitable when it comes to special occaisions, me & James received the special gifts of Japanese thong-style underwear and 'vitamin drink' for extra power in the bedroom. It was a good night from what I can remember... I definately know Rick made an ass of himself... humourously at first followed by excessively later.

The rest of the weekend was kind of low key in a nice way. Then on Monday night Eri took me to see Muse play which was awesome, Mathew Bellamy is just the most crazy musician in the world. They played for two hours without a bad song, their stage production is pretty good too with the lights and whatnot. It could be much better though I think they need a new stylist/production designer. My only problem with the night (and it's a big one) is that it was a seated venue and our seats were too far away. The venue makes the biggest difference to the experience and ours was a little distant, standing in rows is not how a rock show should be enjoyed. The highlight for me was 'Knights of Cydonia' which they played last, they seem to have cut my favourite 'Space Dementia' from their set, probably because it's too crazy.

Anyway, solid weekend, solid birthday. Getting older now so I've decided this is my last year of travelling and teaching. Next year I will settle down (somewhere) and try to figure out how to have an enjoyable career and make some good money at the same time.

がんばります。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home