: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Saturday, April 21, 2007

All Good Things...

My Sayonara drinks were actually split over two Friday nights: the Friday of my last weekend and the night before I flew out. Both were just a few drinks at an izakaya in Shibuya with a few friends. My last week of work was fairly normal, just like any other except with a tinge of sweet sorrow.

Japan has been good to me; in my year (and a bit) here I've managed to enjoy my work (for the first time ever), make some good friends (shout out to JIMBO!), get to know a lot of Japanese people, and of course is meet my beautiful girlfriend who has made the whole experience for me so special. But never the less the time has come to leave and move on to other things. Namely travelling for this year, followed by settling down somewhere next. I want to follow through with my plan to visit Europe and South America as part of my 'worldly' education before I settle down somewhere for the long term.

Its time to leave but not move on, my round the world plane ticket will see me return to these shores in December when I can take my old job back or try something else (like find a job back home). At this point I'm undecided, but hopefully by the time it comes around I will have a better idea of what I want to do. In the back of my mind I want to do another month winter camp job in Korea in January to make a bit of money (because I will definately be flat broke). Right now its too hard to say, which makes it hard on Eri but unfortunately it can't be helped. No one knows the future we can only do the best with what we know today.

I should be excited about my 7 month world trip, but it's hard to be at this point leaving so much behind. Even though there is much to look forward to, it's too distant for it to feel real right now. I think what I'm doing is the right thing, but who knows. Someone told me that "you never regret the things you do, just the things you don't do". So in that spirit I'm off to make good on those plans I made many moons ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home