: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Disney Weekend

Well it had to be done didn't it? A weekend trip to Tokyo Disney that is... so why not go all the way. Me & Eri left the urban misery of Tokyo for a couple of days to visit the fantasy lands of Disney Land & Disney Sea and staying at the Disney Sea Hotel in between. I didn't know what to expect having never visited any such Disney place but I was pleasantly suprised by how much fun I had. Of course a lot of it had to do with my lovely girlfriend who enjoys the parks equally as much as any of the kids.

There are many false stereotypes about Japanese girls and there are some true ones. I know two for a fact: 1. All Tokyo girls love shopping & 2. All Japanese girls love Disneyland. These are not generalisations but statistical truths.

Disney Sea was up first, which is the newer and more adult-orientated of the two parks (you can buy beer). It is not as large but there are equally as many appealing attractions. Luckily it was not a busy day and ride queues averaged about 40 minutes which is nothing from what I'm told. We did all the main rides and shows and I was suprised to find myself screaming like a girl on the rollercoaster-type attractions much to Eri's amusement.

The hotel was super nice, not tacky at all as you would expect, with Disney images subtly placed in the patterns on the wallpaper, bedding etc; not to mention all the Disney junk you could take home (cups, towels, etc) which excited Eri somewhat.

Disney Land had a lot to live up to, but unfortunately due to the closures of three rides (Eri's 3 favourites), grey skies, the kid-orientation of the park and the outdated nature of some of the attractions (1980's Star Wars anyone) it didn't quite stand up. But after a full weekend of being amused I was happy to head back home for a home cooked dinner.

The weekend was well worth it and one thing to cross off the 'things to do' in Japan list. With time running out quickly there remain a few more things to squeeze in before departure. The thrills from the Disney rides prompted us up the ante and organise a trip to Fuji Q Highland for my final weekend in Japan. The park has some of the biggest and fastest rollercoasters in the world and seeing as I have never ridden a big one before should be quite interesting. Hopefully I don't wet my pants or appear even less manly but it's a definate possibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home