: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Sunday, April 01, 2007

O-Hanami!!















Spring sees the sakura flower bloom for two short weeks in the year throughout the year, which means it's time to settle in under a tree and drink. The age old practice of hanami is centuries old and the perfect excuse for getting hammered in the middle of the day.

We set up shop in Inokashira Koen, which has to be a contender for one of the most photogenic places in Tokyo. Not too much to tell in the way of stories; we came, we ate, we drank, we left. It was a killer day though, the atmosphere was great I was feelin the love which is rare in Tokyo. I guess everyone is happy to be leaving winter behind and rejoining the sun.

Eri's friends were very hospitable as always and I'm pretty sure Juz had a good time practising his 10-word deep Japanese all day. He has taken to uttering random words from time to time to help him remember them, which often results in him drawing attention to himself and confused looks.

If you can ever make it to Japan in late March/early April I highly recommend it. Last year I missed it because I was in Laos, but I didn't have any friends anyway. I recommend getting some of those too, it makes it much better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hanami and pink afro, brilliant. Beer head, obviously. Dave-san doing what Dave-san does, living it up in Nihon! Genuinely good to see my friend. What's the word on the travel plans??

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home