: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Monday, April 30, 2007

R & R















So next up was Hong Kong with me mum, which meant I got to be a boy again and enjoy being taken care of for a short time. This was my second time in Hongkers so sightseeing was not a priority. Sleeping, eating dim sum and spending some qt with my laptop... I mean with my mum. She booked us into a nice little hotel on Lantau Island which was nice and quiet. Island life was a nice change of pace from Tokyo.

For the 5 days I relaxed and ate as many cha siu baau as possible and even enjoyed a swim in the South China Sea. I also had a number of small matters to deal with such as getting injections for India and sorting out a few changes to my plane ticket routing. No debauchery to speak of even though Hong Kong has a reputation as being somewhat of a capital of sleaze.

It was very nice to spend some time with my oka-san and sample Hong Kong's finest dim sum (Sydney is still number one) and prepare myself for the chaos of India. I look forward to seeing my good old friend Em and 'do' India as much as one can in a month. I know that if there is anyone to travel Asia with it's Em as she has the necessary skills down to a fine art. Hopefully I can learn from the yogi master herself before my own solo travels commence. Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home