: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Sunday, April 22, 2007

That's a f**king plane ticket!






















So here's my itinerary for my trip, all on my round-the-world plane ticket (minus the flight from Shanghai to Hong Kong due to ticket restrictions). Many segments of the trip will be done over land, particularly through eastern & western europe and up the west coast of South America. Some land segments were not by choice but due to the available flight paths (Amman/Paris/Iquique/Sao Paulo). The dates are flexible however the destinations are not.

21/4: Tokyo - Shanghai (JAL)
23/4: Shanghai - Hong Kong (China Eastern Airlines)*
28/4: Hong Kong - Delhi (Cathay Pacific)
31/5: Delhi - Amman (Royal Jordanian)
11/6: Tel Aviv - Budapest (Royal Jordanian)
11/6: Budapest - Dubrovonik (Malev Hungarian)
12/7: Copenhagen - London (British Airways)
18/7: London - Madrid (Iberia)
7/8: Paris - New York (American Airways)
11/8: New York - Toronto (American Airways)
18/8: Toronto - Chicago (American Airways)
18/8: Chicago - San Fransisco (American Airways)
21/8: San Fransisco - Dallas (American Airways)
21/8: Dallas - Mexico City (American Airways)
24/9: Mexico City - Santiago (LAN Chile)
24/9: Santiago - Iquique (LAN Chile)
29/10: Lima - Buenos Aires (LAN Chile)
19/11: Buenos Aires - Santiago (LAN Chile)
22/11: Santiago - Rio De Janeiro (LAN Chile)
1 3/12: Sao Paulo - Tokyo (JAL)

* Not included

(Destinations in italics are transits.)

Key Stats:

- 19 Flights (15 destinations/4 transits)
- 7 & a half months
- 4 Continents (Asia/Europe/North America/South America)
- 370, 000 yen ticket + 100, 000 yen tax ($4700 AUD)
- 1 Broke motherf**ker.

Seeing as I've never been to any of these countries (except Hong Kong) I feel this trip is simply catching up with everyone else and it is more economical to do it all at once instead of as multiple small trips. Fortunately the timing is good for me, having finished my contracts with my schools in Tokyo and I have friends to visit & travel with in every continent (almost every country) and I think 24 is a good age. What I don't have is a huge amount of money but I have enough to get by on a modest budget.

If anyone would like to join me at any particular location feel free. In particular I am in need of a travel buddy in Spain, New York and Buenos Aires (also possibly Rio De Janeiro). Everywhere else I have company but the more the merrier, especially for the rock festival Roskilde in Denmark (early July).

It"s a once in a lifetime kind of deal before I settle down next year. Hopefully I make the most of it and learn & enjoy myself as much as possible, which is not always easy. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home