: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Damn the Pound

After the madness of the festival Chin kindly let us recover at her place for a few days. We didnt really make it out for any "sight-seeing" as such, rather we rested, used the computer and hung out with the old girl and her great architect buddies before parting ways. Because of its size Copenhagen is a cool city for jetting around on bikes, which I enjoyed. Then it was off to London to visit a few friends and see what its all about.

I stayed with Dave Meier (formerly Salmon) and Simon Oliver at their place in Stockwell, which is in south London. Initially I thought it was a pretty ghetto area with lots of government housing and a convienience store fitted with bullet proof glass (you have to ask the Indian attendants to get your chips or whatever, then they slide it to you through a hole), but it turned out to be completely safe and convenient.

Most days I headed out to various famous museums (that are free), parks, and the cool markets at Camden. My only weekend coincided with Daves farewell barbeque and night out in Clapham which was a long and messy affair (for others). After the weekend Monica came back to town and took me out to a dinner in Brick Lane which is in a really cool area of London in the north. The bars and cafes around there were ultra cool places where the indie kids hang out. If I had more time I would love to check it out properly.

The time flew by and I would have liked to stay longer but the Dollar to Pound ratio was just too crazy for me. So it was off to Madrid and the slightly more kind Euro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home