: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Curse

















This week coming up was going to be the highlight of my trip and possibly my life. Seeing Eri again for a week in paradise in the beautiful Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. I had planned out an amazing itinerary that would see us snorkelling, swimming with dolphins, visiting ruins and scootering around the islands in the Carribean sunshine. Then fate dealt its heavy hand and delivered one of the strongest hurricanes in the history of the area: Hurricane Dean. A top Category Five hurricane hitting the peninsula almost directly where we are going.

The hurricane will move across Mexico and hit my arrival destination of Mexico City on Thursday morning, the day I will get there. Then somehow I have to haul ass back through the destructive path to get to Cancun by Saturday to meet Eri at ground zero. Fingers crossed the roads will be clear, the power running, the shops open, but who knows. Even if everything is running we are still guaranteed a week of clouds and thunderstorms instead of a week in paradise.

Bad weather seems to follow me, especially when I plan something special. Like the Roskilde festival which downpoured more than it has in its 30 year history. I can accept that these things happen but this hurricane arriving just before my reunion with Eri is too much. I think we will still go and pray for the sun to come out. Also after Eri leaves I was planning on spending a month in Central America but the whole region is affected by tropical storms with no break in sight. I don't know what to do except go there and hope for the best. Maybe I will get a lucky break for a change but if history is any indicator it's highly unlikely.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jimbo said...

goodluck with everything. i am sure everything will be cool.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

So what happened in Mexico dude? And dont stop the collages - they are killer...!

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home