: : Pimpin Worldwide $$$

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Viva la France!

I caught the train to Paris a few days before my flight out of Europe was scheduled to give me enough time for a brief glimpse at the legendary city. Originally I didn't want to go to France but I was forced to due to no seat availability on flights from Spain. I didn't know anyone in the city so I arranged through couchsurfing to stay at a nice girl called Charlotte's modest place. It turned out perfectly as her place was in a convenient spot, she was very kind and showed me some interesting places and it was free!

On my first proper day she took me to the Pompidou Centre for a few modern art exhibitions which were cool but I was more blown away by the building itself and the layout of the place. It also has a huge library with great books, study areas and computers which is people can use for free. I thought it was a great way to encourage education and culture in the community.






















That evening we just relaxed and watched the DVD of "Paris Je t'aime" which I thought was very appropriate. The next day I was ready to hit up the great museums like the Louvre and another Picasso museum but when I arrived at the famous glass pyramid I found out that it and all other museums are shut on Tuesdays... shit!!! Oh well nevermind, so I hustled around checking out the areas Charlotte had recommended to me then in the evening we did the proper tourist thing of going up the Eiffel tower to get a beautiful view of Paris.






















Missing the Louvre was a bit of a bummer but it gave me the chance to walk around Paris's streets and get drawn in by the city's charms. It really is as beautiful as its reputation; the buildings are all old and stunning, the streetlights are charming, the cobblestone roads and great boulevards are pretty, even the subway stations a re nice and the whole city is laid out so well its very easy to navigate and get around. I was only there briefly but I liked what I saw, I mean it's beautiful, the food is amazing, people dress well, the French language sounds great and is fun to have a crack at, definately a very romantic place to come with someone special. I would like to spend more time there but when I am older and don't have the energy to backpack around exotic countries and have more money to do it properly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home